Caring Voice Coalition (CVC) is an independent 501(c)(3) organization and is not governed or regulated by any commercial advertisers or other organizations listed throughout this website. Inclusion of these organizations should not be construed as a recommendation, referral or endorsement of the listed entities. CVC offers no comment regarding the contents of other services, products or websites. Information is provided so that those visiting our website can make additional decisions about their health and treatment options.
CVC believes it is the right of the donor:
- To be informed of the CVC mission, of the way our charity intends to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes;
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the CVC Board of Directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities;
- To have access to the most recent audited financial statements, 990 information return of our organization and proof of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status;
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given;
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition of donations and where indicated, CVC will respect a donor’s requests to remain anonymous;
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law;
- To be assured that CVC does not utilize the services of paid solicitors, and those seeking donations for CVC are either volunteers or employees of our organization;
- To be assured that the fundraising efforts of CVC will respect the dignity and privacy of those who benefit from the programs and services of our charity;
- To have the opportunity to have their names deleted from mailing and fundraising solicitations and to be assured that opt-out request will be honored promptly;
- To be assured that their information is confidential and that CVC does not share, sell or rent names and personal information. This policy extends to donor information collected by CVC both online through our website and offline through donations made by mail. CVC defines personal information to include: name, email name, Web address, physical address, phone numbers, survey responses and the content of your correspondence with us;
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation, and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.